A Cute Girl From Michigan And Other Things Of Note

You don't realize how much you miss a place until you return to it. Medeba is a place were I seem to find a little bit more energy and be just a tad happier. When I am at Medeba, everything seems right with the world. I love the people that work there. I strongly believe in the mission statement of the organization. It was great to be able to spend that week up there. It was the first time in 4 years that I had been in a cabin. It was definitely a great experience to be able to hang out and spend time with eight campers. In the past as Program Director, I tried to find time to interact and get to know as many kids as possible. The role of Cabin Leader allowed me to have the chance to invest into the lives of eight kids for an entire week. It's definitely a great experience.

Of course, another great aspect of being back up at Medeba was being able to see all the friends again. As the title would suggest, I got to see that lovely, cute girl from Michigan named Molly Palmer. It was super awesome cool to have a Slum House renunion with Scotty and Cammy. The week wouldn't have felt right if I didn't get warm hugs from my camp moms, Joanne and Pamela. I am sure lucky to have three great mommies. Not only was it wick wackity splendid to see lots of other people again but it was even grander to met some new faces. All in all, it was a great time of social interaction too.

You may be reading that above paragraph and think to yourself, Chris is leaving out a very significant person. A person who deserves specific mention. You see, this person is so special to me that she gets her own paragraph. For the record, it was absolutely lovely to see the beautiful Emily again. Unfortunately, due to the jobs we had, we really didn't get to see much of each other. Luckily, we went on to spend the entire following week together which isn't a shabby deal. Emily got an opportunity to try to work off the fat on her chubby boyfriend by pushing me into exciting days of hiking and biking. In reality, I did have fun but I also realized that I can not be described with the word 'fit'. I also hate biking on roads especially when it involved doing a proper left hand turn because mainly, I hate almost dying.

Em's back at work and I'm almost back to school. I've been able to scout some of my classes via the Web CT. A got a bit of a trade off with the fact one class seems a lot easier than I imagine but another class makes me cry with the thought of a culminative final exam worth 55%. Yikes!

I still bite my nails. I just realized I've almost chewed my entire right middle finger off while typing this post. At least it will stop me from flipping people off. You all know how bad I am with that.

For the people who know him, the elusive Daniel Spicer is back home. He's decided to take on the Legion of Doom look in regards to his hair. For people unaware of the Legion of Doom, picture some crazy biker or psycho 80s football player. Or even better, think of a wierd brother who decided to shave the side and back of his head and make wierd designs in his beard. At least, it's always good for a laugh.

I think, I've filled up this post with more than enough dull and pointless info. I will now leave you with this parting thought. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comments

  1. sweet deal that i was part of the title of this post. (unless there's other cute girls from Michigan? )
    it was a great last week of camp. i'm glad you were there!
    i'll see you in a couple days!
    happy birthday EMILY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ya Spicey! It was SOOO extremely good to see you and Emily and the wedding. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Emily about teaching (thanx for givin me some great tips Em) and seeing you and laughing at and w/ you again Chris. I will e-mail you soon--and that's a promise! Lots-0-love & tons-0-hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment