Writing Tips from an Actual Published Writer

It's going to be another day of 'resorting to a video rather than actually write something' at the blog. It's been a looooooooooong day in the cave disguised as an office space, and when my marathon of work comes to an official end, I'm going to head out to a movie with my beautiful, awesome wife and some neighbours that aren't too shabby either. This means I am not being allotted any time to write something substantial for the blog today. So, instead I am going to present to you a video of Ray Bradbury speaking on the importance of persistence in writing (as well as some other really key pieces of advice). I hope you have at least heard of Ray Bradbury, but if you haven't, he is one of the most prolific short story writers of this past century. He also has written a few novels, the most well known being The Martian Chronicles(which is actually a short story collection linked into a larger narrative), Fahrenheit 451 and Something Wicked This Way Comes. I'd say he would have something of worth to bring to the writer's advice table.

Comments