Quick Wednesday TV Thoughts

Quick Wednesday TV Thoughts

I caught a few things on TV after slogging away in the salt mines (I've dropped a few grains of salt in my keyboard).

American League Championship: I've really been digging this series, and I'm becoming a bigger and bigger Texas Rangers fan by the day. I just love the passion of the team, and I think it is impossible to not love head coach Washington. But I really hope Texas doesn't win tomorrow, because it has been a wonderful series and I'm not ready for it to end.

Once again the game went 3-3 in the 11th, and once again Cruz smashes a huge homer to cement victory for the Rangers with a 7-3 win. It was another super dramatic win, but this time you didn't get the same atmosphere since it was in Detroit. I'll take this as a small measure of revenge against that city for their football winning on Monday night.

Survivor:
I liked last season, unlike many others, but I have to say this season is shaping up to be much more intriguing and unpredictable. There isn't one person controlling the game, but there does seem to be many individuals that believe they’re controlling the game. So, it makes for a pretty fun and twisty kind of ride.

I loved the blindside on Elyse, because you know it will cause a raging and suspicious Ozzie for next week. I love watching the tribes slowly implode. I am sure Lil' Hantz will continue to break down as well, and cause more damage to that tribe. We didn't see much from him this week since his tribe won immunity, but you know Mikayla doesn't trust the boy.

I have to say that I am not a fan of that 'ripping off meat with your teeth challenge.' It is stomach turning, and I am pretty sure it will haunt me in my nightmares (I prefer the dream where my baby is birthed as a toddler). Despite having the grossest challenge ever this week, it was a really great episode. I love the planning between Jim and Cochrane, and I hope it continues to shake things up. I am standing by the fact it will blow in the face of Jim and he'll be seeing Redemption Island soon (either him or Ozzy may end up next). I also love how Coach got really upset about being called Benjamin and claiming even his parents call him Coach. The man also seemed confused over if he really was running the tribe or not. I really think this season is better due to neither of the returnees being strategic powerhouses but being valuable enough to be kept around. It has been a good season for many new players to take the spotlight. Except for Cowboy Rick, who I think said about 5 words this week.

Modern Family: This show has been on an amazing role this season. Way too much funny to recap here, but so many moments that I'm sure I'll look back on and continue to laugh. I like the Claire running for councillor story line, and even more so with David Cross as the opposition (give that man an ice cream cake). It was also a good episode to remind us why the world still doesn't have too many stay at home dads. The whole scenario with Cameron wanting to chase down the hit and runner, and then leading to all the men tracking down the kid who stole Hailey's money was jammed with comedy. Like I said, there is too much to recount here, and it was one of those episodes that shows how much Modern Family is way above every other sitcom.

I also saw way too many Footloose ads. Was this really a movie that had to be remade? Damn, all these '80s remakes make me feel really old. I'm fearful a Gremlins or Weekend at Bernie's re-imagining is on the way. But the trailers of Footloose make it seems like almost the exact same movie as the original, which is enough reason to inspire me to save my money.

On the other hand, I caught a peak of the new Avengers trailer, and against my better judgement, I'm actually pretty psyched about seeing that next summer. What can I say; I'm a sucker for mass destructions of metropolises.

Comments