Introducing Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine's Newest "Dad's Eye View" Columnist. . .

Me.

This was one of my "super-secret projects" I referred to back in December; for a variety of reasons I felt it was better to prevent it from being public knowledge until the first column was published.

After today, it is going to be a twice weekly column that will be published on Tuesday and Friday. I realize it is Monday, but Tuesday just couldn't get here soon enough to get this column rolling along.

I'm pretty excited about this, because I've wanted a weekly column for a while now (let's say around the time I was four). This is a column I should be pretty good at, because well, it's about being a first time daddy and I'm a first time daddy. Plus being a writer and one who processes things by writing, I was going to write about my experience of being a dad no matter what; now, I get to be paid for chronicling my journey (it's fun getting money for something you were going to do anyway). The cool thing is that my editors are super-duper spiffy, and are allowing me a rather large amount of creative control when it comes to content. I have lots of freedom to write about whatever I feel moved to discuss-- as long as it has something to do with being a daddy (so, probably very few historical profiles on the evolution of pop tarts). You wrap all these things together, and this is pretty close to the 'dream job' for me.

Today's column was actually written back in December, and so you'll notice there is no reference to Everett but rather talk about some mysterious baby-to-be. This column is about my experience dealing with my little guy being in the breeched position, which was the first of a few 'scary moments' (future articles will enlighten you of the other moments). You'll have to read through a few "womb baby" columns, before the real adventures with Everett begin. It will give you a peek into what I was thinking and going through back in December, and how I was a little overly optimistic on how cooperative a baby will be during the whole delivery process (and yes, there will be a few columns on the roller coaster that was Everett's arrival into this world).

If you don't get enough Spicer goodness on this blog and want to hear about my adventures of being a daddy, then this column will be your twice weekly fix. It should be lots of fun, and I really hope you join me on this little ride of mine.

Also, please check out the entire Pregnancy & Newborn website, because they are a fine publication with many excellent articles-- and I'm not just saying that because they actually pay me for my crazy thoughts.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:41 pm

    Emily Spicer via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:36 pm

    Diane Ellis via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:25 pm

    Jocelyn Wang Caldwell via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:28 pm

    Krisztina Klail via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:29 pm

    Nikki Virgin via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:09 pm

    Leigh Eddy Nelson via Facebook:

    love it! Definitely Can't wait to read weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're a fan. But as an extra bonus to you, I'll let you read it twice a week if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:10 pm

    Catherine Ho via Facebook:

    likes this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment