I Just Missed St. Patrick's Day, So Have a Kind of Irish Song to Make Up For It

If someone told me to pick the perfect Irish drinking song, then I'd probably select Spirit of the West's "Home for a Rest." Except I'd be totally incorrect in choosing that song, because Spirit of the West is a Canadian band. So, it is a Canadian drinking song. But in my limited vision of what a Irish drinking song is, I think "Home for a Rest" fits it perfectly. I'm sure many Irish drinkers could pick out a better, but it is my blog and I choose this song.

I really love this song. I love it so much that I'd marry it, if you could marry a song and I wasn't already taken. I wouldn't even need to be drunk to want to marry it. I love this song even when I'm sober. I think, I've asked this song to be played at almost every wedding reception dance I've ever been to. This is a song that makes everyone want to dance and groove.

As my tribute to the St. Patrick's day that just passed, I present to you the awesome "Home for a Rest" by Spirit of the West.

Comments

  1. Love, love, love Spirit of the West! Went to many of their concerts in the 90's. They definitely have a celtic sound, but too bad the song is about a trip to England or it would be a perfect fit for St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is awesome no matter what day it is played, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment