The Future of Reality TV

Reality TV hit it big in the early 2000s, and I've been whining about it ever since.  Though admittedly, I've softened on my reality show stance, and even got hooked on one (Survivor).  For the most part, I could live just fine in a world that doesn't show me the daily exploits of Kim or Snooki or Plastic Trophy Wife.  But I am also well aware that reality TV isn't going anywhere.  It isn't as popular as it was a few years ago, but it is still super cheap to produce and garners decent ratings for smaller cable channels.  I've decided there is no purpose in continuing my fight against reality TV, but rather it is time to join up.  So, in today's Collective Publishing Pop Culture article, I've pitched several reality shows that one day could be the next big classic.

Comments