I Love This!

Officially Chucking My Mini-Review Compilation Article Idea into the Furnace

Though it isn't that cold out, so not sure why I'd have a furnace on.

But it is a symbolic furnace, so they tend to not make the house too warm.

Okay, we've established the type of furnace I was referring to.  Now, for the point of this article.

You may remember a few weeks back that I promised I'd be writing a mini-review compilation of all the films I ghost wrote and a collection of small reviews for all the TV shows I did ghost reviews for.  The problem is that was several weeks ago, and since then I acquired a rather hefty backlog of my movies and TV episodes that I've ghost written for but not written with a byline.

It was a combination of anxiety, pay copy, a running Everett, and other lovely things that comprise this thing called life that stopped me from being able to throw together the review compilations.  The idea that I need to get it done has actually been causing stress.  The longer I wait then the more TV shows and movies I'll have not written a review.  At this point, I'd rather just start writing full reviews rather than tossing more mini-reviews into the compilation.

As my title alludes to, I've decided to scrap the idea of putting together a collection of mini-reviews.  From this point forward, I'll start writing full reviews for the movies and shows I watch.

The problem was that I was ghost writing for many movies and TV shows, and so it was an overwhelming concept to have to try to write entirely new review for this blog.  The contract for those type of reviews have officially ended, since the person I was doing the work for is back in a place to do the reviews.  It is a bit of a bummer for the bank account, but it will make it easier to put reviews up on here.  This will hopefully serve in helping obtain some of my long term goals as well.

Has the idea that my collection of reviews will not be written caused your entire world to crumble?  Fear not.  Almost all the movies that I'd have included in the compilation have been on the podcasts, so you'll still be able to find my thoughts on most of the movies.  As for the TV shows, I'll hopefully write an analysis of the fall premiere season that will include my thoughts of most of the shows I'd have included in the compilation.

The more important thing is the scrapping of this idea means I can start on full reviews now.  Hopefully, I'll have the chance to put some up before the end of this Canadian long weekend.

Anyway, I am aware it is slightly pretentious to devote an entire article about why I didn't write another article.  It was something I had previously hyped, and so I thought it was my duty to address.  Even if nobody likely remembered my promise.

With that, I'm off to try to eliminate some of the pay copy load I'm drowning in, so I can hopefully write some reviews for you in the coming days.

Comments

  1. Scott8:32 am

    I am looking forward to your full reviews, and it's good when you are able to shed the weight of something that has been adding anxiety.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment