I Love This!

'Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip' Trailer is My Punishment for Not Regularly Updating on Here

There is a great price to be paid for me not quite mastering this whole brevity thing in writing. I haven't struck the proper balance of relaunching this site as a place for several movie thoughts a day (the best way to increase traffic and potentially monetize it) while also writing for clients and being that whole husband and father guy. It means I've failed to write about many things I had strong opinions on and didn't find the time to throw up quickie reviews for recent trailers for movies like Creed, Secret in Their Eyes, and Steve Jobs -- you know, movies I'm genuinely intrigued. I also wanted to write small little tidbits about my mental state or my Canada Day or just life with my incredibly imaginative son (the verdict is still out on Danika's imagination though her skill at spreading drool is creative). But I'm trying to stay on top of things and get this site really active and full of content. I pledged in my attempt to do that very thing that the next trailer for a major movie that dropped would get my written thoughts. So of course, the movie gods hate me and I got this.



I've actively hidden from Everett that some movies from this series are on Netflix, because I thought watching both of the Garfield movies was enough sacrificial love. This trailer proves exactly why I get cold sweats every time another instalment gets announced. As far as I can tell, the entire franchise exists so that some executive's child can come up with "witty" puns. And also to make sure kids everywhere are scarred for life when it comes to woodland creatures.

Needless to say, I may be posting the trailer on here, but that doesn't mean the ignored trailers were for movies that I plan to miss. Because this is the must miss movie of 2015, or until Everett discovers these really are movies you can torture daddy with.

Comments