Well, Maybe Not Everyone. . .

Before I started work this morning, I decided to send off a little e-mail to my absolutely lovely wife, because I am just that kind of husband (the e-mail sending kind -- though at least, this time we weren't in the same building). As anyone who has received an e-mail from me knows, I like to create random messages for the subject header. Since today was Friday, and I was overjoyed it was Friday since it meant I had a few days of not hanging out with the scanner, I decided on the title 'Working for the Weekend', because I was working, and the weekend was almost here, and boy, was I ever happy (and willing to work if it meant the weekend would come).

As I was ready to compose my e-mail masterpiece, I realized my e-mail title was also the title of a little '80s diddy. Since I didn't want to suffer the wrath of any classic rockers' legal team, I felt I needed to inform my wife the title was not original. Canada's own Loverboy came up with that title for their rocking song, which I think has something to do with work and weekend and love too. Since I know my wife is a little deprived in her knowledge of pop culture (she lived under a rock for the entire 80s -- though she was also 2 years old when this song came out), I felt it was necessary to send her a link to the music video of this rocking little 1981 number.

Of course, since I had to find a video to link to, it was only fair I watch the video too. Thus the reason this song has been bouncing around in my head all day. Since the music must be released from my head, I am going to unload it on to this here blog.

So now my dear readers, I present to you, Loverboy's 1981 classic 'Working for the Weekend.'

Comments